Friday, November 8, 2013

March 1, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE. 12th Infantry. A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army, Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia.

To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street. Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa,-

I received your letter yesterday & have already answered it but right now I'm waiting to go on guard & haven't anything to do so I thought I'd use the oportunity to write again & find out how Martha is getting along.  Keep me informed as to how she is because if she should become any worse than she is I want to know so that I can put in for an emergency leave & come home  We are alowed to go home when there is serious illness at home but I hope that this letter will find things in better condition than they have been.  No I didn't have to go right to work drilling when I got back here because I still had one day left and I took it so that I could sleep & on the next day we didn't work either so that's two days I had to rest.  As yet I haven't talked to the medics about my trouble but I intend to just as soon as I get the chance to get over there.  Well I'll close now because the next thing I have to do is fill out the income tax blank.  It has to be done wethere we pay into it or not. (They get you coming & going in this place)

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment