Monday, November 18, 2013

March 6, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709, CoE. 12th Infantry, A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.-

I received your letter the day before yesterday & received the magazines yesterday & was very glad to hear that Martha is home & alright so I hope that there won't be any more sickness up there, we have had quite a little of it here but I've been lucky so far I didn't get any of it.  I went to the dispensary yesterday to see the doctor & he sent me up to the hospital for an Xray so I won't know what the story is for a couple of days till the reports get back but I'll let you know.  It probably will be nothing but a big bluff like everything else they do here.  Well there isn't much to say so I'll cut this short & get to bed as the lites go out pretty soon now.  So write & let me know how Martha is getting along. & also if you here from Madeline, I write to her but don't get any answer.

Luck

George

No comments:

Post a Comment