Tuesday, November 19, 2013

March 8, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure, 31157709, CoE. 12th Infantry A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army, Camp Gordon, Augusta, Georgia
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa.-

Writing to tell you that I received your letter & also the magazines & that I went to the doctor about my chest & had an Xray taken but haven't heard the results of it yet.  The chances are that I won't either.  We are going out for a few weeks to train out in the woods & we will be sleeping out & on the ground & its still a little chilly here so I hope my luck holds out & I don't get sick.  I'm going to stop the Lt. when he comes in here for inspection & ask him if there can't be something done because I don't want to take the chance sleeping on the ground.  How is Martha getting on?  I got a letter from Jimmy today & he's still kicking about conditions at the roundhouse, well if he thinks he has grounds to kick he should be here.  There isn't much to say so I'll close till I hear from you again & you can continue to write to the same address.

Luck
George

Please excuse the pencil as my pen is packed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment