Thursday, January 9, 2014

April 19, 1943

From: Pvt. George F. Gleasure, 31157709, CoE. 12th Infantry, A.P.O. #4, U.S. Army, Fort Dix, N.J.
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass.

Dear Pa:-

I received your letter today along with a couple of others from boston.  I was beginning to wonder if you had been receiving my letters because its been some time since I heard from you.  I get one from Martha occasionally but I never hear from either Theresa or Jimmy.  I don't know whats the matter with them.  I wouldn't get rid of the dog on that account I'd just help him off the struts & when you catch him doing wrong just wallop hell out of him & he won't try it again.  He knows when he's wrong.

Before I left Gordon I sent you a picture book of the City of Augusta so let me know in your next letter if you received it or not.  I think that Jimmy had better stay in his job because I doubt if he can get a release now that the manpower freeze has gone into effect.  So he had better use his head or he will find himself in the army.  As for Martha having heart trouble, you had better try to curb her of drinking as that will do more harm than anything else.  THe doctor can put a scare into her if you tell him about it.  Well this is about all from here so I'll close for now.

Luck,

George.

Here is the new address.

Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure 31157709.
CoE. 12th Infantry. A.P.O. #4
U.S. Army Fort Dix.
New Jersey

April 20, 1943 (both letters included in the same envelope)

Dear Pa

Just a note to tell you that this address has changed again so here is the new one & be sure you get it right because if you don't the letters will be censored.  The address is on the back of this paper.

Pvt. George F. Gleasure 31157709
CoE. 12th Infantry. A.P.O. #4
4th Motorized Division
Fort Dix, New Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment