Wednesday, January 8, 2014

March 20, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, CoE. 12th Inf. A.P.O. #4, Camp Gordon, Augusta, GA
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

Dear Pa,-

I received your letter with the enclosed check but didn't get the time to take care of it untill now as we were very busy out in the woods getting ready to come back in, we got in at three thirty this afternoon as I just endorsed the check & am sending it along.  All it did the whole time we were out there was rain & I was soaked most of the time, it was one of the toughest experiences a man could run up against but its all over now till later then we go out again.  I haven't heard yet about the xray but I intend to go over there the first chance I get.  Well there isn't much to write about so I'll close till I hear from you again.

Luck, George

No comments:

Post a Comment