Monday, April 21, 2014

April 6, 1943

From: Lt. Joe C. Leone, A-T Co. 158th Inf APO 3470 C/O PM San Francisco Cal.
To: Pvt. George F. Gleasure, Co. E 12th Infantry, Camp Gordon, Augusta, GA.

"Somewhere in New Guinea"

Dear George,

I received your letter dated December 18 a few days ago. I was surprised to hear from you, however, very pleased. Your letter did take a rather long time to reach me, however this is unusual, so we can blame it onto the fact that I have moved constantly, and I don't have such a thing as a station.

I trust, that you are getting along as well as possible. As to my doings, you will be better informed, if you read the newspapers and magazines. As you know this is no bed of roses out here, but I'm not surprised, for I had a pretty good picture of what events were to occur.

I hear from Martha quite often, which pleases me very much. As you probably already know, I'm very fond of her. Well George, keep your chin up and we'll finish this job over here, so that you probably won't have to leave the states.

Your friend,
Joe

P.S. Why not write me?

No comments:

Post a Comment