Monday, April 28, 2014

August 9, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. Gleasure, 31157709, Co. E, 12th Inf., A.P.O. #4, 4th Inf Div, US Army, Fort Dix, NJ
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass (Boston)

Dear Pa:-

I received your letter in yesterdays mail + didnt get the chance to answer till now. When you write again send the address of that place where Theresa and Martha are staying. Yes you told me that your received pictures from Madeline I also got one of her and she does appear to have put on weight. I didnt hear anything about that train wreck you spoke of as the only papers we get here are New York and Philadelphia papers and they only have local and war news in them I would like however to have some of the Boston papers sent about once a week because I cant get used to what papers we have here. Well this is about all there is from here for now except to tell you that the address here has been changed due to the fact that the vehicles have been taken from us. So the new address is

Co. E. 12th Inf
A.P.O. #4
4th Infantry Division
U.S. Army
Fort Dix N.J.

Luck,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment