Tuesday, April 22, 2014

May 17, 1943

From: George Gleasure, Co. E, 12th Infantry, 4th Mtzd Division, Fort Dix, NJ
To: Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass (Boston)

Dear Pa,

Received your letter a few days ago but have been so busy that I couldnt answer till now and at that Ive only a few minutes before the lights go out. Im sorry to hear that Martha is in the hospital again but I dont think that there is too much to worry about and I would bring her home because it looks to me like they are using her to make money on, so Id take her out, I think she will be okay. We have a fellow here who has five hundred tumors in various parts of his body and hes still just as good as any of the rest of us. Ill ask the doctor about that pulse rate as soon as I see him but personally I dont think that's true because if it was she would be sweating and have a red face. They told me that if x ray showed anything that they would call me in but I havent been called so it must be negative but I am going to see a civilian doctor and see what he says. Well this is about all from here so will close till I hear from you again.

Luck,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment