Wednesday, March 9, 2016

October 24, 1943

From: Pvt. Geo. F. Gleasure, 31157709, Co. E 12th Inf. A.P.O.#4 U.S. Army, Camp Gordon Johnston, FL
To: Mr. Frank Gleasure, 56 Gardner Street, Allston, Mass. (Boston)

U.S. ARMY AMPHIBIOUS TRAINING CENTER
CAMP GORDON JOHNSTON, FLORIDA

Dear Pa: -

I received your registered letter with money yesterday but you shouldnt have put so much in because you can use it more than I can but I got it safely anyway. I got a letter from Jimmy yesterday, he didnt have much to say & besides I couldnt read half of his handwriting in the first place. I wrote to Madeline about a month ago but as yet havent received an answer. I also got a card from Theresa on my birthday. Things here are going along as usual except that the boat training is getting tougher all the time but it will soon be over, we were out in the boats all night once last week and about 90 percent of everybody on board were sea sick, you never saw such a sorry looking bunch in your life, it didnt get me because I stood on my feet so that I could ride on an even keel, if you let yourself sway with the boat you get sick and I didnt do that so thats why it didnt effect me. Its Sunday here now & its so hot you cant breathe. Well this is about all for now so Ill close till I hear from you again.

Luck
George

No comments:

Post a Comment